Agency’s Use of Technology Best Practices & Policies Toolkit
The resources below are specifically for domestic violence programs, sexual assault crisis centers, and victim service agencies that offer support for survivors.
Safety & Privacy Tips for General Technology Use
Best Practices & Policies for Devices & Hardware
- Password Safety
- WiFi Safety & Privacy: Tips for Victim Service Agencies & Survivors
- Shelter Computer Best Practices
- Faxes Best Practices
- Video Cameras Tip Sheet
Guidance When Using Technology to Provide Services
- 6 Questions to Consider When Offering Services via Technology
- Mobile Computing Devices Best Practices
- Texting With Survivors Best Practices
- Phones Communication Best Practices
- Using Email Best Practices
- Using Cell Phones Best Practices
Data Management: Database, Confidentiality & Privacy
- Selecting a Database guide
- Data Security Checklist
- FAQ on Data Retention & Deletion
- In-House Products vs. Cloud-Based Services
For more on confidentiality obligations, visit our Technology & Confidentiality Resources & Toolkit.
Online Safety Tips for Victim Service Agencies
The creation of this toolkit was made possible by US DOJ-OVC Grant #2011-VF-GX-K016. Opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this toolkit are the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of DOJ.